Kevin Standlee (kevin_standlee) wrote,
Kevin Standlee
kevin_standlee

Quick Change of Plans

My original plans for this afternoon and evening was to polish off the minutes of today's SFSFC board of directors meeting, update the corporation's web site with some announcements, and then spend the evening packing in a leisurely way for the trip to Fernley tomorrow. However, a check of both chain controls and the weather forecast for tonight and tomorrow shows that the roads are open with no restrictions right now, but that snow is expected after midnight tonight and into tomorrow, which means that I could get stuck if I go tomorrow morning. Therefore, I quickly changed plans and packed my bags. Unfortunately, this means I won't be able to transport as much on this trip as I expected, since I don't have time to finish the packing I had in mind. Instead, I'm just sort of tossing things randomly into the back of the van.

Just to add insult to injury, the handle on the left side rear door of the van broke. It's shut and safe, but now it can't be opened. This means I can't load anything into the back of the van that needs both doors open. I guess it's just as well that I hadn't loaded any oversize items yet.

I'm about to leave Fremont, and plan to stop in Colfax for coffee in a few hours. I'll try to check my messages there.
Tags: travel, weather
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 0 comments