There was a bit of a delay getting finished yesterday because they had to cast a new temporary crown on account of having damaged the original one while removing it. I'm not too fussed about that, however, for it only has to be in there for a week. And I really want this new crown done right. It's the second crown on that tooth — they had to grind off the old one to do the root canal — and I never want to have to do anything with that tooth ever again. I trust my dentist on this; if he says the crown needs fixing, I'm sure it does.
Once the financial dust settles from this, I'll be able to decide whether I can afford to start the work on getting two other teeth crowned. Both of them have old fillings and hairline fractures. My dentist warns me that the sooner I get them crowned, the better. I set aside a lot of healthcare spending account (FSA) money this year expecting to do the dental work, but I have to find out if my insurance will cover any of the crown work on the root-canal'ed tooth. Because it's replacing a crown that was less than five years old, there's a chance that insurance will deny all payment, in which case the FSA will have to cover 100% of the cost, not 40%.