Kevin Standlee (kevin_standlee) wrote,
Kevin Standlee
kevin_standlee

Capacity Hitch

My tentative plans for going home for the two week Christmas period has been to drive on Friday afternoon if there's no snow, or buy a ticket on the California Zephyr to Reno on Saturday if the weather looks like there will be chains required over Donner Pass on Friday. Unfortunately, the CZ is now sold out of coach seats on Friday/Saturday/Sunday. If I do take the train, I'll have to buy a sleeping compartment for the day trip (9 AM to 4 PM), which does at least mean I can snooze my way through the mountains, and it's still cheaper than a one-way airfare would be on short notice.

I guess I'd better hope the weather is better on Friday than the current five-day forecast suggests it will be.
Tags: weather
Subscribe

  • Expected Result

    So, as expected, most of the Republican members of the US Senate decided that it was more important to be loyal to Great Glorious Dear Leader in…

  • Frustrating Day

    I tried watching the defense phase of the Second Trump Impeachment trial, but it was just too aggravating. Trump's attorneys' arguments are absurd.…

  • Precedent Sustained

    I was able to watch much of today's first day of the Second Trump Impeachment trial. Today was dedicated to debating the procedural question of…

  • Post a new comment

    Error

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 1 comment