After a one hour break, it was time for the Worldcon Inquisitions. The tech team here at Westercon 68 were, on virtually no notice when I asked, able to find a way to bridge an unbalanced connection from the amp on the room's sound board to the balanced XLR connection on Lisa's camera. (We had the cable, but they had to do things very quickly to make it so she could plug her cable into their equipment.) The initial results of this look and sound amazingly good, and if we get what we've asked for at Spokane, we should have superb sound quality. OTOH, it does mean that anything not spoken into one of the microphones is unlikely to make it onto the video. (If you're one of the people who were there, this is why we kept saying, "Repeat the questions into the microphones!")
Lisa is also not happy with the quality of the MP4 files coming out of the proxy card. She thinks it's something in her settings, and continues to experiment. I am therefore converting MXF files (the camera's actual native output) and will merge the audio and video files (remember, the camera separates them) into files I can upload when I get a chance. The conversions take quite a while, so I don't know when I'll get them posted, but if I'm lucky it will be before the end of Westercon.