The driver didn't really want to listen to us. Because of that, we ended up with our mailbox knocked down and the wood dumped several meters short of where we wanted it. He could have backed in farther so that the wood would be completely inside the fence line, allowing us to re-string the fence (or possibly put in a gate, which we've wanted to do). Unfortunately, by the type he started dumping and I realized that he'd stopped short, it was too late to stop him. At least we mostly don't have to worry about anyone crossing the fence line, as he dumped the wood right on top of it!
We went over to Lowe's after the delivery guy left and bought a new mailbox mount and Lisa got it installed just before dark. Unfortunately, Lowe's didn't have the larger mounting posts in stock. We might end up having to eventually replace this one as well.
Lisa said she'll start working on moving wood over to the "dog run" (concrete pad along the east side of the house) next week while I'm in the Bay area. We have pallets stacked as the base of a wood pile along with what's left from last year. At least we will only have to move the wood once, rather than having to heave it over the fence and then move it a second time.
Based on past consumption, this 3 cord of wood (cost $1240 including delivery) should serve us for the winter, especially including maybe as much as 1 cord left over from last year.