Things then quieted down for a little while before a second cell passed through. This one had smaller hail and rain. As is typical here (their being little drainage), we had light localized pooling of the water on our ancient lake bed. It does tend to soak in fairly quickly, though.
I got another break in the rain around 4 PM and took another shot at collecting my campaign sign. Unfortunately, there was a production error on it. These things happen; I've worked on signs myself. I told them I'd be back tomorrow afternoon. It's probably just as well. The winds were so high that if I'd carried the sign out with me, I might have been blown home.
Walking back home, I looked west, and while it's hard to be sure, I think it's possible that there's a new dusting of snow on the Pah Rah Mountains. It won't last, but it's a pretty wild mid-May. The current forecast calls for continued rain for the next several days. I currently have plans to go to Sacramento this weekend, but if things are as crazy as this, I'm not going to do it.