Kevin Standlee (kevin_standlee) wrote,
Kevin Standlee

Permit to Travel

New Zealand, like other countries including the USA, has implemented an Electronic Travel Authority scheme that requires you to get a permit to travel even if you are from a visa waiver country. (That is, no visa is required for US citizens, but you still need an ETA.) So today, I got out my and Lisa's passports and submitted our applications and paid the combined NZ$47 each ($12 for the ETA and $35 visitor ecological impact fee), which is around US$29. Both of our ETAs were approved within five minutes of submission, so we're good to go to New Zealand for visits between now and November 2021.

I'd forgotten to get the advance travel authority before my last trip to Australia, which led to some anxious moments at SFO as they had to submit the information from there. Fortunately, it went through immediately back then. I did not want any fretting over that kind of issue, so we took care of it today just in case there was any processing delay.
Tags: lisa, travel, worldcon

  • Responsibility

    I've said versions of this elsewhere over the past few days, and if you don't know about what I'm referring, you're probably better off for it. The…

  • Why New Editions?

    I responded to this comment on LiveJournal, but is deserves a longer and top-level answer. Is there actually a requirement that the WSFS business…

  • Quiet Valentine's Day

    With rain and wind on Sunday, we stayed inside and did not do a whole lot. We spent some time going through our photos, in particular what we call…

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.