December 19th, 2009

Conrunner Kevin

Moving Out

I feel much better after having had a full night of sleep and not having to rush in to the office for 6 AM. I did think of something that would be useful to do this morning, so I'm going to go see if I can get in on a weekend.

It has been snowing here in Columbus since last night -- I watched the first flakes begin to fall while I soaked in the indoor hot tub here at the hotel -- and there's an inch or two on the ground, but Columbus Airport is reporting no delays. The Snowpocalypse apparently descending on the East Coast isn't having such a big effect here in the Old Northwest. I do note that my connecting flight from Denver to Portland is the continuation of a flight from New York City that has been canceled, but the segment I'm supposed to be on later today is still showing as on time.

I originally didn't plan to check out here until 1 PM, but since I want to try going to the office, and since I'm pretty much all packed up except for the computer, I might as well go ahead and check out and be on my way. At the worst, I'll end up at CMH with extra time to kill, and I think they have free wi-fi there. Besides, I keep getting new ideas for the database project and it's good for me to code them as soon as I can while the ideas are fresh, and I carry a copy of my development environment on the laptop.

I'm not sure when I'll be back on line after this. It could be later this afternoon, or maybe not until Sunday or Monday, depending on how the travel goes.