Due to a cancellation by another client, the tree-cutting company called yesterday and asked if they could send the crew out early to remove the cedar and poplar trees that Lisa's father had contracted for them to remove. We said yes, and they did. I took many photos of the tree removal
and plan to post a longer back-dated entry later going into more detail. I also shot some video that I hope to edit into a single piece showing the more interesting parts of the work. I was really impressed with how well the tree guys did their work. They were very efficient in bringing down a couple of trees, including a fairly tall one that was leaning the wrong way (which was why Lisa's father wanted it cut down in the first place).
There are now 75 pieces of tree sitting out in the field, not counting the maple they dropped last year than we still haven't chopped down to size. The wood in the field ranges from relatively small pieces to a two-meter-long piece of cedar that Lisa asked them to keep with an idea of building something from it. I wish we could have had them de-limb (rather than chip) some of the medium-sized branches. We've saved smaller branches than they shredded for firewood. Instead, there are multiple cubic meters of nice-smelling wood chips dumped in the "coal seam."
Unfortunately, I didn't understand Lisa's instructions regarding the wood chips. I instructed the tree guys to dump the chips near the previous pile, while Lisa wanted it in a different area of the ditch where there currently is nothing. It's a shame, because if we must have all of those wood chips, it would have been nicer to have them in the area she wanted them so that they could flatten out a low spot. Not much that can be done for it now, I fear, not without a small bulldozer or a lot of shovels and wheelbarrow loads of stuff. Sigh. Current Mood: accomplished