December 17th, 2012

Pointless Arrow

Capacity Hitch

My tentative plans for going home for the two week Christmas period has been to drive on Friday afternoon if there's no snow, or buy a ticket on the California Zephyr to Reno on Saturday if the weather looks like there will be chains required over Donner Pass on Friday. Unfortunately, the CZ is now sold out of coach seats on Friday/Saturday/Sunday. If I do take the train, I'll have to buy a sleeping compartment for the day trip (9 AM to 4 PM), which does at least mean I can snooze my way through the mountains, and it's still cheaper than a one-way airfare would be on short notice.

I guess I'd better hope the weather is better on Friday than the current five-day forecast suggests it will be.
  • Current Mood
    worried worried
  • Tags