This past weekend, we acknowledged the move into Summer (without much Spring) by dragging the swamp cooler outside (it's on wheels), removing the racks from the sides, and using the garden hose to blast off most of the accumulated build-up on the racks. We also got some cooler cleaner to tackle the accumulation in the bottom. Much of it is hard-water build-up, but some is from an anti-foaming/air freshener cake we'd been using. I got most of it cleaned. Because so much of it was in the pads in the side of the cooler, we bought new pads and Lisa cut them to fit into the cooler.
Sometime in the next few days I'll do the other half of the switchover, which is to move the remaining firewood from the ready box on the porch back to the wood box, and to put the ready box inside the wood box until we need it again, probably in October. That gives us more space on the porch. Oh, and I'll finally finish digging the last of the ashes and cleaning the glass on the fireplace. Earlier this year during our first warm spell, I cleaned it out, only to be surprised by a spring snowstorm and the need to restart the fire. Current Mood: accomplished