Another Home Project (Nearly) Done
For more than two years, we have been working on a project about which Lisa asked me not to write until we were as close to completion as we got today.( Behold the New Custom Video ShelfCollapse )
Today Lisa waxed up the sides of the shelf and we pushed it into place. She told me to take some pictures before we did so, because we'll not see the room this way ever again.( Last Time We'll Ever See This ViewCollapse )
This shelf has been a long time coming.( Two Years of ConstructionCollapse )
We had a number of adventures with wood stain, including getting four different shades until we found one we liked. The actual staining took several days, and yes, a good chunk of the house smelled of wood stain for more than a week. We fortunately had a spell of relatively warm weather that allowed us to open some windows and vent some of the vapor.
The shelf is not completely done yet, but the stain was dry and the shelf could go into position today. Lisa will attach it to the surrounding beams and will finish the shelf with heavy paste wax before loading it up with tapes.
Getting this project done will be a relief and will free up storage elsewhere in the house, which will be another relief. Current Mood: happy