Neither Lisa nor I got 25th-anniversary presents for each other, for various reasons. However, after we went to Reno on Friday after work to dump our recycling (Fallon's transfer station is temporarily closed) and to run some errands buying hardware and other supplies at the relatively new Sparks Big R (former Ace Hardware), Lisa finished making a gift for me. This lamp, which I got when the San Jose Slan Shack closed and I bought much of the furniture there from the departing owner, went to Fremont, and then to Fernley. In its final location it was my bedside lamp, but it was not a very good one. It is top heavy and I'm surprised I'd not broken it already by knocking it over. It was too big for the bedside table, not giving me much storage area. And the 3-way lamp fixture was wearing out and making it hard to use. There's no lampshade in this picture for reasons that will be more clear below. Yesterday evening, Lisa presented me with a new lamp, which she built from parts. The shade she took from the old lamp. The base she bought from Jo-Ann Fabrics' crafts section and stained and varnished. The switches, cord, plug, and socket are various parts we've bought. The conduit, believe it or not, is salvage from Mehama, and once held up the cover for the travel trailer. Instead of a 3-way socket (with which we've had bad luck anyway), she installed two bulb sockets, each controlled by a separate switch. She put a low-wattage bulb in one socket and a high-wattage one in the other. This gives the equivalent of a 3-way lamp, depending on which switches I throw. Having a 25-watt bulb in one socket is something I appreciate in the middle of the night when I only need enough light to avoid running into things. The new lamp is much more stable and gives me more room on my bedside table. It was very nice of her to make this for me.