Beats the Alternatives

Lisa and I had plans for yesterday. However, inasmuch as both of us felt tired and achy, we called off all plans and took the day off. It probably is our reaction to the COVID-19 booster shots we had on Saturday. As I recall, we had somewhat similar reactions to the previous shots. It wasn't that bad, although I'm glad it timed out in such a way that we could take Sunday off and do as little as possible. Today, both of us feel more or less normal.

I suppose there are people who will say, "See! It makes you sick!" and say this is proof that Vaccines Are Useless, but to them I will always say that I'll always trade a day of feeling slightly tired with body aches that a couple of aspirin made tolerable for coming down with a potentially deadly disease. Especially given that at my age and with my pre-existing conditions, even if COVID doesn't kill me, it's likely to leave me permanently damaged.

Besides, Westercon 74 is less than 90 days away. Lisa and I consider it part of our duty as convention leaders who will by the nature of our jobs be interacting with lots of people to protect them as much we protect ourselves.