On the Mend
Yesterday afternoon, I replaced the main hose on my CPAP, along with the headset and mask. The only piece I didn't have new was the short hose between the long hose and the mask, and that I cleaned with the medical-grade disinfectant I bought for CPAP cleaning purposes. While I was at it, I dusted and disinfected the area where CPAP normally sits by my bedside. I also ended up falling into bed around 4:30 PM and sleeping until 3:30 AM the next morning. When I woke up this morning, I felt a lot better. While I'm still coughing some, I'm no longer have as much of a stuffy head and thus the sore throat caused by the nasal drainage is mostly gone. I wouldn't say I'm completely out of the woods, but I'm now starting to think that, in effect, my CPAP was making me sick; that is, I hadn't cleaned it as often as I should.
On top of all of this, I bought a new supply of tertiary filters for the CPAP, labeled as "anti-bacterial filters." That's in addition to the two different types of filters that the machine comes with: an outer washable and reusable filter and an inner single-use filter. Given that I'm breathing on that machine all night long, it's important to keep it clean.
On top of all of this, I bought a new supply of tertiary filters for the CPAP, labeled as "anti-bacterial filters." That's in addition to the two different types of filters that the machine comes with: an outer washable and reusable filter and an inner single-use filter. Given that I'm breathing on that machine all night long, it's important to keep it clean.