Wanting to have some idea about what to expect tomorrow afternoon when we board the train, I monitored the progress of the westbound California Zephyr . The train was running around 90 minutes late when I first checked, but for reasons about which I know nothing, it sat at Hazen, about twelve rail miles east of Fernley, for a long time. I finally saw on Amtrak's track-your-train page that they were moving again, and quickly made my way out to the the yard. The website is not "live" but is based on how often the train pings its location to Amtrak, so I did not have long to wait. This trainset will most likely be the one on which we will be riding tomorrow, and the on-board service staff (car attendants, cooks, and the like) are probably the ones who will be taking care of us on our trip from Reno to Chicago. As I write this, Amtrak reports this train is 2h 10m late, and of course it may lose more time. There is around an hour of "recovery" time built into the scheduled arrival at Emeryville. Assuming it does not lose a whole lot more time, the on-board staff should be able to get their contracted layover time (which they definitely deserve), and the train probably as a good chance of leaving on time from Emeryville tomorrow. However, I've been noticing that even on-time departures from the Bay Area seem to be passing Fernley at least an hour late and often more. I will be watching things tomorrow so that we arrive early enough, but not too early, to unload and check our luggage, park the Astro, and catch our train to Chicago.