With the lead time for NASFiC being only a year, I have to give some consideration of how we're going to get there. There is no direct rail access, only some indirect routes like via Vancouver BC that we're likely ruling out from the start, so I considered what sort of road trip we could make for the drive from Fernley to Winnipeg. Here's one possible "diagonal" drive . It would be four nights and five days. It does have one segment that is longer than we would like (Billings-Minot, 446 miles). I know, some of you think nothing of driving 800 miles in a single day, but the older we get, the shorter our driving segments we can tolerate are. Besides, sometimes we like to stop and look at things. As is typical for us, the locations of IHG hotels tend to form the quanta for our drives, which is something that happens when you get to Platinum status in their affinity program. I'm not saying this is how we will go to Pemmi-Con, just a check of the plausibility of making the trip over one possible route. And it's likely that if possible, we'll come back by a different route. Also, we want to allow time for a potential week-long trip up to Churchill on the train, which is a significant expedition of its own.