Old Smokey

It's nowhere near as smoky in Fernley as it is in the Reno/Sparks area, but an AQI of 155 is still considered unhealthy.

AQI 155AQI 155

AQI 155AQI 155

This is the "panoramic" view from in front of Fernley House. Visibility is several miles, including the mountains and hills. The numbers from Reno/Sparks, however, are very scary.

I wore an N95 mask when I walked to the post office to collect the mail today. I would have done so even without worries of COVID still being out there. I smell a lot less smoke through the mask than I do without it.

Lisa is having a bad reaction to the smoke herself — even worse than me — and is staying hunkered down behind air conditioning and filters to try and keep the smoke at bay. It's just as well that we don't have the Astro back from the shop yet, as we have nowhere to go and are probably safer staying home.

There's a chance of rain on Tuesday-Wednesday of next week, and I hope it is correct, and washes as much of this smoke out of the air as possible.