Breathing Easier

It started raining yesterday and it appears to have rained off and on overnight. This morning, as the sun rose, conditions were just right for the next photo.

Rainbow Over Fernley

I can't get the entire rainbow in shot (this was taken from out front of Fernley House), and I've not yet been able to figure out how to properly take panoramic photos on the phone, so this will have to do, plus the other two photos I took that you can see by clicking through this photo.

Even better was that this rain has washed the wildfire smoke out of the air for a vast area stretching from the Mosquito Fire itself across Northern California and Nevada.

Breathing Easier

The AQI was 155 a couple of days ago, and was well over 300 in Reno, according to readings shared by Kevin Andrew Murphy on his Facebook page. 155 is unhealthy, but we're now back to clean air, and it's wonderful.

With luck, this rain will help put out the wildfires without causing mudslides and other bad effects.