Snow Surprise

The weather was colder and there was more precipitation than expected from the initial weather forecast. This morning I awoke to this on the front porch.

First Accumulation

Of course, this 1 cm of overnight accumulation is no big deal, but it's one of those things that makes me glad that I work from home. On the other hand, because we were waiting to reset for wood-burning season until after the chimney was cleaned this weekend, I'm hoping that I can keep the living room warm enough with our small electric heaters until then.

While using the Nevada DOT website to see what conditions were like in the area, I saw that there was an accident at the Fernley Roundabout, so those people who do have to commute locally to their jobs in the Fernley Industrial Park are in a pickle. I wouldn't be surprised if roads are very slippery right now. I'm not going to go out there and find out.