And Still the Snow Comes (and Goes)

I knew the forecast was for some more snow, but I didn't expect even as much as we did have overnight.

Another Bit of Snow

Just 1 cm on the porch. Nothing at all compared to the huge accumulations in the mountains. I continue to hope the we don't get any warmish spring rains up there.

Coming and Going

The birds complained about the feeder being empty, and I obliged them by refilling it, spilling a fair bit of seed on the ground in the process. As the sun came out and the snow quickly started melting, the birds returned in force to have their breakfast while I cooked my breakfast (ham-mushroom-egg omelette) on the wood stove.

Plenty of Birdseed

By the time I did the washing-up after breakfast (the ghostly image of the kitchen sprayer is reflected in this image taken from the kitchen window), most of the snow had melted again as the birds continued to come and go and bicker over the birdseed in the feeder.

With the roads cleared once again, I went out to complete the errands I'd planned to do yesterday but postponed: refueling the Astro and going to Grocery Outlet for milk and other perishables.

Plans we had to start cutting up the pile of pallets that accumulated over the winter will need to wait until after the pallets have dried back out from last night's snow. Once the wood is cut down to size I can put it into the large wood box to keep it dry and to supplement the Press-to-Logs.