1. Two of our best panelists will be busy running the Masquerade on Sunday, July 1 and what is widely expected to be the Party of the Con on Monday, July 2.
2. I agreed to be Montreal in 2009's agent at Westercon 60 and to host a room party, currently planned for Sunday, July 1 (Canada Day, of course).
3. I'm responsible for organizing the BASFA meeting on the evening of Monday, July 2 that I think will happen at Westercon.
4. johnnyeponymous and I are working on a Sekrit Projekt that will take place (according to current plans) during the Opening Night/Meet-the-Guests event on Saturday, June 30.
5. I'm in charge of the Baseball Outing taking place on the night before the convention, Friday, June 29.
6. I'm Secretary of the Business Meeting, taking place on Sunday and Monday mornings of the con.
With all of these constraints, the only time we could have done the show would have been late Tuesday afternoon, possibly after Closing Ceremonies. Now, the convention will have a very extended Dead Gnome Party and people (including me) are staying over Tuesday night because of it, but it's still post-con and I bet we'd have very little audience.
Anyway, I was asked yesterday by Westercon 60's Programming Division if we'd be interested in putting on the show at Gnomeward Bound, and after discussing it with them (and with Lisa, whose support I'd need to do it), I respectfully declined. I'm thankful to be asked, but I don't see any way to stage the show that is a win for everyone involved. And if it's not fun, then why do it at all?