As is my usual habit on Monday nights, I drove to the Coco's restaurant where the BASFA meeting is. As I was getting out of the van, I felt something brush against my neck and I tried to brush it away, whereupon the bee that had landed there stung me. Yeow! I quickly scraped the stinger away, which probably helped, and ran inside to examine things. A rapidly-growing red area was clearly visible on the left side of my neck. Fortunately for me, I'm not deathly allergic to bee stings, but it has been many years since I was last stung, and it it hurt. I think that my quick action scraping away the stinger minimized the amount of venom pumped into my neck, so it's a relatively minor sting. Nevertheless, the left side of my neck is red, puffy, and sore. I've applied ice and local anesthetic to the area, which is about all I can do other than wait it out and hope the swelling goes away.