Kevin Standlee (kevin_standlee) wrote,
Kevin Standlee
kevin_standlee

Burnt Up

Let's see, what did we get done today?

1. Drove up to Mill City (about ten miles east of Mehama) and bought 16 2" x 10" x 10' boards that will eventually be fitted into the frame of the utility trailer. Took two of the boards back and traded them for 2" x 12" x 10' boards when we realized that it would make the floor of the trailer fit better.

2. Replaced the lower radiator hose on the Little Orange Pickup.

3. Cut about half of the old telephone pole on the property into roughly 75 cm-long pieces and hauled them to the "coal seam."

4. Dug out the ash from under the burn barrel, sifted out the metal, and disposed of the ash in the "coal seam."

5. Burned another couple cart loads of burnable stuff. Because we cleared out the old ash, there was a wonderfully efficient draft in the barrel, and it burned quite nicely. Our only concern was that it was going to melt the barrel, which was glowing cherry red at the bottom.

We ran out of energy before running out of jobs. The lumber will have to stay stacked up on the frame of the utility trailer and dry out a bit before Lisa can start painting it with wood preservative after cutting it to size.

I have pictures of some of our work today, but am too tired to post them. Maybe I'll have some spare time at PDX before my flight back to California tomorrow.
Tags: lisa, mehama
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 6 comments